Friday, June 6, 2008

DC Special Blue Ribbon Digest #11 - July 1981

sg
The JLA headlined their first digest in DC Special Blue Ribbon Digest #11, released between JLA #s 191 and 192. It features a solid collection of four stories, along with this spiffy cover by Ross Andru and Dick Giordano.

Inside is the complete 3-part story from JLA #s 100-102: "The Unknown Solider of Victory", "The Hand That Shook The World", and "...And One of Us Must Die!", all by Len Wein, Dick Dillin, Joe Giella, and Dick Giordano.

Also included is "Triumph of the Tornado Tyrant", from JLA #17. Considering the storyline in the next two issues of the regular JLA book, this surely was a sort of hint of what was to come. Well played, editor Len Wein!

The book also features a low-key ad for the next issue of JLA, which we'll get to tomorrow:

sg

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just out of curosity, is this one of those small digests? Like 3 or 4 inches by the same? Can't wait for the origin of the Red Tornado (II)!

rob! said...

it was part of their standard digest line, about 6" high or so.

Anonymous said...

This digest is a very special memory to me. It was the very first comic book I ever bought with my very own money. I was 10 years old with 50 cents to spend. I chose this book.

It was my introduction to the JSA and to the concept of parallel worlds. I was hooked instantly. I knew the JLA via the Superfriends cartoon, but this book made me love the JSA and the Seven Soldiers of Victory even more.

A few years ago, I was lucky enough to meet Len Wein and I had him sign the digest, which I somehow managed to keep in decent condition all these years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...