Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Justice League of America #24 - Dec. 1963

sgOne of my favorite covers. Even though they're under a bad-guy's control, I always like the Heroes Running At The Reader covers.

The story:
"Decoy Missions of the Justice League!" by Gardner Fox, Mike Sekowsky, and Bernard Sachs. Kanjar Ro and his pointy face is back, in some crazy scheme involving his aural form, and trapping the JLA's aural forms, which traps their real bodies...luckily, always-a-bridesmaid Adam Strange guest-stars and helps the JLA defeat Ro.

Roll Call: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, The Atom

Notable Moments: Even though I understood why Adam Strange never joined, I always enjoyed his guest-appearances in the JLA.

The letters page features missives from Roy Thomas(him again!) and one Dave Cockrum, who suggests a new character named "Nightcrawler" joins the JLA. No, I made that up.

2 comments:

Scurvy said...

I like the way Aquamans toes are still touching the pier... as if he simply fell over into the water. :)

Anonymous said...

I never noticed that "space warp" thing on the left side of the Flash before (or that Aquaman wasn't really diving!). The details people overlook....!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...